Thursday, October 25, 2012

What's Your Favorite Debut Novel?

We have a lot of exciting news here at Sleuths, Spies and Alibis this month. Did you hear about Laura Ellen's BLIND SPOT that launched this week? You can win a signed copy--pretty awesome, huh?

Since I have a debut novel out myself this month, I've been thinking a lot about first novels. The commitment it takes to get to that launch date, and how exciting it all is. Added benefit to being a debut? I get to make friends with fellow debuts, and discover their great novels. Like my fellow detectives' books right here.

I've also visited my library to take a look at now-famous authors' debuts. Like A is for Alibi by Sue Grafton. Patterson's early novels. Agatha Christie's, Michael Connelly's. They often have a freshness, sometimes a little wobbly like a toddler, but exciting and new.

How about you, fellow Sleuths? Any favorite debuts, new or old?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...