Thursday, January 31, 2013

Riddle Me This...

batman.wikia.com 
Batman is one of my favorite heroes for many reasons. Sure he's a billionaire, a master martial artist, and friends with Superman. He's also a genius when it comes to logic and observation. There's a reason folks around the DC Comics Universe call him The World's Greatest Detective. 

In his vast Rogues Gallery of Villains, there is one personality known for taking the Dark Knight to task on his reasoning skills more than any other. Edward Nigma aka The Riddler.

From the books, to the cartoons, to the awesome movie with Jim Carrey in that spandex question mark suit (let's just leave it at books and cartoons)... I've always enjoyed the battles between Batman and Riddler because they are battles of the mind. And, if you're like me, you may have wondered how you'd do against Riddler's puzzles.

Here's a little test for you. I found this site that has 50 riddles and a 20 minute time-limit. Can you solve all (any?) of them before the clock expires? Examples include:

  • At night they come without being fetched. By day they are lost without being stolen. What are they?
  • Where is the only place today comes before yesterday?
  • If you have me, you want to share me. If you share me, I no longer exist. What am I?
Give it a shot and see how you do. For the record, I got 10 out of 50.

FYI~ Imagining that Robin was going to be crushed in a death trap if I didn't get them all added a lot of undue pressure, so I wouldn't recommend that strategy.

Have fun Caped Crusaders.

Lamar "L. R." Giles writes books for teens and adults. FAKE ID, his debut Young Adult Thriller, will be published by HarperCollins in 2014. He is represented by Jamie Weiss Chilton of the Andrea Brown Literary Agency and resides in Chesapeake, VA with his wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...