Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Mystery of the Disappearing Coffee Filter


Despite what my microwave thinks, it's not an easy choice
to wake up and write at five a.m.

Especially when I can't find my coffee filter.

In fact, a missing coffee filter = death to a writer.

I know who the culprit is, but I don't know where he's hidden it.

Let me think back to the usual locations...



Sometimes it hides in plain sight, transformed into a party hat.



Other times it's deviously hidden behind the piano.



Occasionally my nemesis recruits a partner, Handy Manny, to hide it.


Phew, the day is saved.


Meet the criminal mastermind!!

He's no doubt planning to strike again tomorrow morning.


Sarah Skilton lives in California with her magician husband and their young son. Her debut young adult novel, BRUISED, about a 16-year-old black belt in Tae Kwon Do who freezes up at an armed robbery, received a starred review from Publishers Weekly and is available now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...