Tuesday, February 25, 2014

To Be Read...

Confession (and what better place to confess than here with the Sleuths): I haven't been reading much lately! I know, it's a crime!

I'm not a particularly fast reader to begin with, but can usually average 3-4 books a month. Now that my debut novel FAKE ID is out in the world, and I'm busy drafting my next mystery/thriller, ENDANGERED, I find my reading time has decreased significantly. Here's the problem, though. Less time doesn't mean less books. I'm still keeping track of what's debuting, still buying obsessively (I'm so bad, I bought a book I already had a copy of last week). The book stacks in my office are, literally, climbing the walls.

So, I'm here to share my pain and bare my soul. Here's what I have waiting for me when I get some downtime:

The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

It's been billed as Criminal Minds for teens. Well, okay then.




Nearly Gone by Elle Cosimano

Technically it's on pre-order, but it's Fringe meets Bones, y'all! You know this is going in the stack. (NOTE: I'm not just plugging this because Elle's a Sleuth...this book is getting serious buzz, and I can't wait to read it.)



Unremembered by Jessica Brody

Plane crash. Lone survivor. Manipulated memories. Sold.




I could go on. But, with all these great books to choose from, the toughest mystery to solve will be which one I get to first!

What say you out there in Sleuthland? Anything extra enticing in your stacks?

********************************************************

Lamar "L. R." Giles is the author of FAKE ID, In Store Now. He resides in Virginia with his wife and is represented by Jamie Weiss Chilton of the Andrea Brown Literary Agency. Find out more on his website, Facebook, Twitter, and Goodreads. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...